Having trouble using computers? Come down and get help with any computer problem (including mobile devices) you're having!
FREE coaching in various aspects of home computing & mobile gadgets
Hourly sessions held at the West Faversham Community Centre Wednesday all day
The "Computer Buddies" programme which provides 'one to one' coaching sessions in all aspects of home computing and mobile gadgets, has been
re-launched and is proving to be very popular.
For absolute beginners or those already with some basic knowledge of home computing, the programme is aimed at members of the community who
feel they would benefit from personal coaching in areas such as:
* Using web browsers to search the internet or to buy goods or services
* Finding and applying for jobs advertised on the internet
* Engaging in social networking using web based services such as Facebook
* Setting up an electronic mail (email) account to send/receive emails
* Storing/sharing documents, photographs etc on the internet using applications such as Onedrive, Dropbox etc
* Creating a basic website
* Using internet based resources to research your family tree, and computers to store genealogical data
* Working with digital photographs - storing, editing, sending via email etc
* Working with camcorder digital files - creating/editing movies (might require community member to bring in own laptop)
* Writing letters, a curriculum vitae (CV) etc (Microsoft Word)
* Creating spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint)
* General help with your mobile gadgets e.g. mobile phones, digital cameras, ipads, iphones, android tablets etc
The Computer Buddy role is to coach others to be able to undertake tasks for themselves, Please note this is not a formal accredited course.
Coaching sessions can be booked at the centres reception - telephone 01795 537321.